Monday, October 5, 2009

I am also feel sad for Amber Chia

Amber in contractual disagreement with reality show’s creator

KUALA LUMPUR: It was an emotional gathering for top model Amber Chia and contestants of a supermodel reality show when she announced she had to halt the production of her highly anticipated series due to a dispute.

While sobbing, she said production of Malaysia’s Supermodel Search Presents Ford Supermodel of the World was being called off due to a contractual disagreement with the show’s creator and co-executive producer Yap Wen-Ji.

“It was one-and-a-half months ago that Wen-Ji approached me to do this. She wanted me to be your mentor. I agreed because I could see and share your dreams,” Chia told the 22 contestants at Celebrity Fitness in Bangsar yesterday.

“I have sponsors for the show through my connections in the industry and I really want to send you to New York to be Malaysia’s next supermodel.

“But until today, Wen-Ji hasn’t been able to show me and my lawyer her franchisee contract with Ford Models

“I’m so sorry and sad about what has happened.”

So sorry: A sobbing Chia telling the contestants of the halt in the production of the reality show in Bangsar yesterday. With her is her lawyer Rajan.

The show is based on Ford Supermodel of the World, an international model search franchise created in 1980 by Eileen Ford, the owner of acclaimed New York-based modelling agency Ford Models.

During a previous press conference, Chia and Yap signed a memorandum of understanding for their business partnership to produce the eight-episode reality show.

Chia also doubled as the show’s chief judge.

It was also announced that the top male and female models of the show would win US$50,000 (RM173,250) each, coupled with modelling contracts.

While the guys would be sent to the United States for training in professional modelling, the girls would stand a chance to compete in the Ford Model of the World contest, scheduled to be held in Brazil early next year.

“I consider Wen-Ji a friend,” Chia told Daily Chilli, The Star’s new online portal.

“We started the show based on a lot of verbal agreements.”

Yap, who was present at the ad hoc briefing, said, “I don’t want to say anything that will affect Amber Chia’s reputation as a celebrity. I have the necessary documents from Ford Models.”

But when Chia demanded that Yap produce the documents in front of everyone, Yap asked Chia and her lawyer, Rajan Navaratnam, to view the documents in her office.

“All you need to do is call Ford Models,” Yap told the models. “I’ve never wanted this to happen to Amber Chia. It’s never her fault. Maybe we can hold another press conference, and I can make a phone call to Ford Models and you (the models and the press) and Amber can speak to them directly.”

The production of the show has been halted indefinitely.

“My lawyer will look into this and advise me on the necessary action,” said Chia.

“But I want to solve this amicably so that we can continue with the show. It’s always been my dream to find the next ‘Amber Chia’ for Malaysia.”

Source: The Star

I feel sad for Amber Chia too, to what happen to her.

0 Lovely Comment: